Monday, October 6, 2008

Sukha

Slow. Down. We are not in a hurry. We are not rushed. Life is not rushed. Once we can just breath and rest and slow down, life and it's possibilities become so much larger. I am enjoying my yoga class. Last week was about tapping into the other side of our brain that God gave us instead of staying in such a small box and putting limitations on everything. God does say that anything is possible, so why don't we feel it most of the time? This week was about slowing down. Our ego gets in the way of what could really be possible because we are pushing and yearning and striving for an end goal instead of enjoying the journey. Much more could become possible along the way.

I enjoy thinking about these things. The world feels larger. Shockingly, God feels bigger. It isn't about me and what I can do. There is a WHOLE lot more at work, like EVERYTHING he has created!

I believe that sometimes you have to look reality in the eye and deny it.
- Garrison Keillor


No comments: