Friday, October 17, 2008

The Birthday Break Up

Well, I should be quite the pro by now. The art of the break up. Obviously they all boil down to the same result. I will be honest though and say that I, like most, like to be the first to the finish line. I have been fortunate enough in my dating career to not experience the betrayal of unfaithfulness until recently. As if it wasn't bad enough, I discovered it on my birthday. It was definitely a surprising present.

The thing about breaking up is that you have to approach it with confidence. Dogs will eat you alive if you approach them with fear, so if you just put your self right in front of them the chances of a dignified survival are much greater. Walking away seemingly unscathed would be the preferred escape route, especially in a case where you know the other person is just not into it anymore. The art of crying and carrying on rarely will produce a masterpiece in the end...only a blotchy red face and black streaks running down your cheeks. If in the rare event you are the one who is loved from head to toe some sympathy is a nice touch; however don't allow the whining to carry on too long. The point is to get out of there.

The looming question remains to be answered as to why it takes some people millions of attempts to discover a mutual relationship where they both love and are loved in return? It is a vicious cycle in which you generally are on one side of the fence or the other...

I believe this is why we have pets. They love us unconditonally.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well sorry to hear about your troubles...

you COULD look at it as you got your freedom for your birthday... but I doubt you will...

Jamie said...

True, true, and it is not a bad thing.:)